You will go through Textbook Questions And Answers Of CBSE Board Class 5 ICE CREAM MAN Unit 1 Chapter 1. Understanding a text’s entirety is very important for a learner to score better in the exam. Efforts have been made to ensure a thorough and proper Textbook Questions And Answers Of CBSE Board Class 5 ICE CREAM MAN Unit 1 Chapter 1.
READING IS FUN
Q1. In which season is ice-cream popular?
- Summer is the season in which ice-cream is popular.
Q2. Who feels joyful on seeing the Ice-cream Man?
- The speaker as well as the narrator feels joyful on seeing the ice-cream man.
Q3. Name the different flavours of ice-cream the Ice cream Man has in his cart.
- The different flavours of ice cream the Ice-cream Man has in his cart are:-
Q4. What are the two things that the Ice-Cream man is selling?
- The two things that the Ice-Cream man is selling are:-
2. child drinks
Q5. What is the ice-cream cart compared to in the poem?
- The ice-cream cart is compared with a flower bed of roses and sweet peas because the cart is full of eatable things which children want a lot in summer.
Having an ice-cream on a hot summer day is exciting and enjoyable.
Q. 1 Write about some of the exciting and enjoyable things that one can do in the winter season.
- Eating our sandwiches and drinking a hot chocolate shake.
- Sit and play outside in the afternoon under the sun.
- Can enjoy our favorite winter fruits like mango, papaya, watermelon, etc.
- Sit around the fire playing music games.
Q.2 List as many summer activities as you can.
- Swimming with friends and family.
- Painting or drawing sitting in nature.
- Tracking or going on a hiking
- Have a picnic in the playground
- Reading storybooks
- Listening to music
- Playing cricket with friends
- Having a good morning walk or evening walk.
Q3. Now group these activities into indoor and outdoor activities.
- Indoor activities:- reading storybooks, listening to kinds of music,
- Outdoor activities:- swimming with friends and family, painting or drawing sitting in nature, tracking or going on hiking, have a picnic in the playground, playing cricket with friends, having a good morning walk or evening walk.
v Circle the words where you get a zzzzzz.. sound. One is done for you.
|price prize maze face rice rise blaze fizz lazy lacy busy racy raise rays race ace chase this these frosty
Answer:-answers are underlined
1. Listen and tell the sounds that these words in the poem produce.
Can you make these sounds?
2. What are some of the different sounds you hear when the Ice-cream Man comes?
- Answer- When the ice-cream man comes I heard a sound from him. He says the word aloud “ice-cream, ice-cream” and plays his bell which sounds ding-dong, and makes a tune with his drink bottles which sounds tin-tin.
Find out and write a report.
Here is a report on Uncle Lal’s farm.
Father took me to visit Uncle Lal’s dairy farm. I saw all of Uncle Lal’s cows. He has fifty cows. They eat grass in the big green farms. In the evening the farmers bring them to the barn to be milked. Uncle Lal sells his milk in the city.
When writing a report, remember to do these things.
|• Think of a good title. Write it correctly. • Keep to your subject. • Tell things in the right order. • Make your paper look neat.
ICE CREAM MAN (POEM BY RACHEL FIELD)
In groups of four, write a report on different brands of ice creams available in your area.
You may use the following clues.
• Start with a short introduction which contains the topic.
• Then list the ice cream brands available in your area.
• Next, say which are the common flavours of ice cream in each of the brands.
• Under each brand, find out which flavours are being sold the most. Also find out their prices.
• Finally, write which do you think is the most popular ice cream.
Ice-cream and its brand.
Ice-cream is the most loved dessert of summer days. Both younger and older people love to have an icecream whenever possible on hot summer days. There are so many ice cream brands available in our area. Some of them are Vadilal, Amul, Cornetto, Mother Diary, Magnum, etc. Chocolate, Vanilla, Butterscotch, Kesar Pista, Strawberry, and Mango are the common flavours of ice-cream in each of the brands. According to the survey, cornetto’s chocolate flavoured ice-cream is sold the most in the market. It comes at Rs 40. Chocolate and vanilla are the most popular ice-cream enjoyed by almost everyone.
1. Colour the boxes that have rhyming words.
2. What do the following words describe in the poem?
- Joyful- Sight
- Little- Card
What are the describing words used in the poem for the following?
- Mounds- cooling brown and white wounds.
- Flavour- vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry flavor.
- Cluster- Thick cluster.
(Students are advised to do this as per their choice)